soooo i have a QR test in the afternoon tomorrow & i’m pretty stressed out about it so the obvious solution was to spend an hour and a half that i could’ve been studying on making brownies instead 🙂
ah well. it’s good for the soul, at least!
yield: 16 brownies prep time: 45 minutes total time: ~1.5-2h
200g unsalted butter
250g semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 160C, grease a 9x9inch pan or line it with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt butter and chopped chocolate in a metal bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring constantly until completely smooth and melted! Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
- Sift granulated sugar and brown sugar into a mixing bowl, then add vanilla extract and the eggs, whisking until smooth and no lumps of sugar remain.
- Drizzle chocolate mixture slowly into egg mixture, stirring constantly so the eggs don’t scramble.
- Fold in flour mixture and chocolate chips until no flour streaks remain.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45-60min, or until a crust has formed and a clean toothpick inserted comes out with some sticky crumbs!
- Allow brownie to cool completely, then slice and serve!
they were really thick and fudgy and delicious with lovely pockets of melted chocolate chips!! I’ll edit this post and add in some photos when i transfer them to my laptop but until then, you’ll just have to take my word for it that they were beautiful.